Pixie Post

Monday, June 05, 2006

Oh the places I go (2)

I went to Nelson. Nelson is a summer holiday, beachy destination, but not in June. It was all about trains and traction engines. I made sure I got to see the Wearable Arts Museum. Check out some previous award winners by following the link. The Museum was superb, and more than compensated for 3 days of conference. I'm sure looking forward to the 2006 show in September. The tickets are booked!

I tried to go for a swim, but the pool was closed because the heat pump was broken. Phooey!

The flight home, which is just 30mins on a very small plane, was beautiful. Here is the Marlborough Sounds, sunset, and Mt Taranaki in the distance.

I sure do love those business hotel bathrooms, and huge beds with perfect crisp white sheets. Now, back to reality.

No comments: