Pixie Post

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Oh the places I go (again)



Took a couple of days off work, and skipped some school. We saw this, from the land and from the harbour, in bright sunlight and at night. It really is extraordinary. You know where I am, right?


We saw this guy, and many of his friends, at the zoo, which must be one of the prettiest zoos in the world. The giraffes have the best view! It was sunny, it was hot, I swam in the sea. I can't quite figure out exactly why it is I live in Wellington and not at Ocean Beach, Manly.

On the plane on the way home, we saw this guy, and some of his friends...huge, lean athletes, who can still be generous to a very excited small boy and sign autographs, although they've already travelled all the way from South Africa (where they lost).

Ohh, Dale, I wish I'd thought to get them to sign something for you!

5 comments:

kirsten said...

Yep, Sydney is beautiful, but I can think of about 750,000 reasons why I don't live there ($ that is). That and the TRAFFIC.
You're right about the zoo - must have the best view in the world.

Judy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful mini vacation! Glad to have you back though.
xo

The Sagittarian said...

Did you get to Darling Harbour and have a seafood platter, washed down with a crisp chilled Sauvignon Blanc??

Anonymous said...

yes - I am jealous indeed!
cheers
Dale
ps sorry - have to sign in as anon

cfent said...

i am drooling over your photos!!
wonderful