Pixie Post

Monday, November 06, 2006

Melbourne (2)

On my second day in Melbourne I had tropical fruit for breakfast and walked into the city.

Note: you should not wear last summers shoes for the first time this summer when you are going to spend the whole day on your feet. You get blisters. It hurts.

I spent hours in David Jones. Hours. I had no idea what time it was, and the morning flew by. I met AOF for sushi, and she took me to Craft Victoria which has a stunning shop, and was showing a work with lacy curtains to wander through and clay dogs. You could add to the exhibition and make your own dog. It was a quiet afternoon in, early dinner at a nearby pub. "Pub" does not do it justice, there were crisp white linen napkins and the food was fantastic, the eggplant and zucchini chips particularly memorable. We got a DVD, I have no idea what it was called, and I slept through lots of it. Long long nights finishing that essay and the quilts sure caught up with me quick.still more Melbourne adventures to come! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Sagittarian said...

Oh, I have such wonderful memories of Melbourne...