Pixie Post

Thursday, February 08, 2007

A little retro

"Can I get a tie dyed tee-shirt?" asked oldest son. Tie dying isn't something I'd tried before, but you wouldn't let a little thing like that stop you, would you? He even wore one to school today.
I thought about this post from Pea Soup, from drought-ridden Melbourne while I was rinsing, rinsing, rinsing then washing these out. All that water down the drain without much thought. Not a problem here in Wellington where it hasn't rained...oh...for days now...but is supposed to at the weekend.

Funny old world.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Yeah, funny old world we live in: when I was in my teens, those tees were all the rage, and then they dropped from favor, only to return again _____ years later. Your son is lucky to have such a talented Mom!
xo and thanks again for your help!

Helen said...

It certainly is! And ditto to Judy's comments. I remember all those tie dyed clothes from my salad days. Did you get the email about the Human Rights challenge quilts being in Hamilton sometime in May?

Suse said...

I love those tee shirts!

Thanks for the link too.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Ahhhh, takes me back!