Pixie Post

Monday, March 26, 2007

Treasure

Each time I pick up the boys to come spend a few days with me, I bring home some treasure, some missed item from a previous life that I now really want to have with me. It has surprised me that there have been few things I care much about. At the weekend it was this. A large glass vase, filled with a years old collection of shells and beach glass from all over New Zealand. Oh, and there's the candle of course....which is burnt low now and has a gorgeous golden glow when lit. I don't remember where most of the shells came from...but there are a few things in there that are memories of special people, places, times.
Guess I'll have to spend some more time on some more beaches and fill it up.

2 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

"If I had two loaves of bread, I would sell one and buy hyacinths. For they would feed my soul." (The Qur'an)

I love that jar and the memories it holds for you - in your new adventure remember that self trust is the first secret of success!

Judy said...

amen to that!
xoh