Pixie Post

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh the Places I Go (2008 No. 2)



I love airports. Travelling at the weekend for fun is a whole lot different to travelling during the working week, when fun is usually low on the agenda. You know that beginning sequence from Love Actually. That one up there. It's so true, and it's a little more true at the weekend.

I've been to Christchurch, welcomed with enthusiasm by the Sagittarian, the Stud and their girls. I was treated to some beautiful meals, good wine, love and laughter in abundance. Hugs from long haired, long limbed girls the same ages as my boys! The very funny photo albums with us as schoolgirls. Great music. Dreams and schemes. A few secrets divulged. A little delicious misbehaving. Oh my! I booked this trip on a low day, remembering it will keep me smiling for a long time.
Saturday breakfast, served by Miss youngest doing a classy waitress/assistant chef act was so good, I didn't eat again until dinner.
Homegrown tomatoes and basil. (Damn, I forgot to bring home a bunch of basil).

We'd planned to go out on Saturday night, but the babysitter cancelled so we stayed home. People always gather where the food is good, wine flows, and converstion ranges far and wide. The Sagittarian and her family make it look effortless. So the house filled up with people, and staying home turned out to be a great idea. We sat outside with the brazier glowing, empty wine bottle pile growing, until...well, you know that funny glow in the sky? It's dawn. It's been a long time since I stayed up all night, talking and laughing.

2 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

Hey, thanks again for helping me to a hangover! Next time I'll come up to visit you at your place. Yes. YOUR place.

GS said...

yeehah a good weekend. About time too missy :)