Pixie Post

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Bathroom

Ladies (and the increasingly rare gentlemen), I give you, 99% complete, the bathroom, chez Pixie.

BEFORE


AFTER

I wanted a calm neutral space, and I was thinking of those beautiful Aussie hotel bathrooms that were a big part of my working life in the last 5 years. It feels big and bright and just right!

Oh, well, maybe only 90 percent complete. It needs a little more paint, you can see that on the apron of the bath and above the vanity the tiles are missing, and there's the small matter of some towel rails and some cupboard handles. But now there are vinyl tiles on the floor and I'm very pleased with them. They're temporary....for maybe a year or so, while my bedroom next door is completed and then the lovely timber floors can be polished.



3 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

Looks lovely! Can't wait to try it out!!

Nic Bridges said...

Love your new bathroom Pixie - very sleek indeed.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

I love it!

Spencer