Pixie Post

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Too Many Books

There are too many books in this house. I don't know what to do with them. I don't know how to whittle them down.
There are boy books, cute little kids books, vintage books I had when I was a kid and some of my brothers ones too, old university texts...plays and poetry and things which I have loved dearly in the past, trashy chick lit which I devour these days in a night or two, books I've bought to read on planes, and magazines...quilt magazines, interiors magazines that I try not to buy any more............and some (not many) treasured art/quilt/interiors books which are the easy ones to keep.

What am I going to do with them all? What do you do? Edit? Buy another bookshelf? Sell them? Chuck them out? Fill up the basement some more??

What do you do with all the books???

Oh I should explain, I'm trying to expose some walls so I can paint them. But they're covered with books that no-one looks at or particularly wants any more. What am I going to do with them?

Help!

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Trade me, trade me, trade me. Keep some and sell those you will never use again. Traumatic I know, but go for it you will feel so liberated. Good luck.

The Sagittarian said...

Ditto. And let me have first pick of any you can't decide on....