Pixie Post

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Blue

Blue makes me happy.

I need to make a blue stripey quilt. That's a painting, not a quilt (via apartment therapy long, long ago).

This wallpaper would look wonderful on the wall at the head of my bed. I think it's from Laura Ashley, who's no where near as prissy as she used to be.

Then there's this, a quilt I've made specifically to sell, but I'm not having much luck so far. Must try harder. Not that I'll mind if I have to hang it on a wall around here, because I'm a bit in love with it. It's raining, so the planned garden blitz isn't going to happen today. Instead I am off to try to excavate enough bare space in Jack's room so I can get ready to paint it. It's going to be black and white, with a few natural timber accents, and (one fine day), a neutral carpet. No other colour allowed, because that's the way he wants it.
What colour makes you happy?

3 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

Red. Gotta be red. Oh and champagne in a glass makes me happy too.

75 Pounds Lost said...

Blue makes me happy too. The Laura Ashley link was curious to me--my mother used to dress me almost entirely in LA when I was a young teen. I remember the smell of the NYC store like it was yesterday. Looking at the site, their new dresses are lovely--but it looks like they might not sell in the states too much anymore...an it looks like no more perfume?

BriefEncounter1987 said...

wow i love this!!! beautiful craftsmanship. i've just taken up crochet and im trying to make a rug/blanket similar to this!!!(obv it wont be as good) ur design has given me a lots of ideas!! thanks