Pixie Post

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I need to go to London

I need to go to London.

I was last there in 1986.

Yes, exactly...high time I returned. To be honest, I've had lots of other places on my list of places to go, until now that is.



"The V&A will present its first ever exhibition of British quilts, with examples dating from 1799 to the present day......Earliest examples include a sumptuous silk and velvet bedcover, with an oral narrative that links King Charles II's visit to an Exeter manor house in the late 17th century. Recent examples will include works by leading artists such as Grayson Perry and Tracey Emin and commissions for the exhibition by a number of contemporary artists including Sue Stockwell and Caren Garfen."

Read more at the V&A website here
and check out what's in the V&A shop in support of the exhibition here. Fabric! Books! Oh my!

My house doesn't really need a new roof does it? There isn't much rain getting in, really there isn't.

I need to go to London!

4 comments:

The Sagittarian said...

I need to go with you!!

GS said...

I can't believe I lived in london almost 24 years ago. And not been back since! Just thinking about it makes me feel very old.

Mary deB said...

First ever exhibition of British quilts?? What have they been doing all this time?

Yes, you must go, stopping off in Toronto on your way to pick me up!

Helen said...

That is the best of ideas...Toronto - London....be right there!